Thursday, January 5, 2017

Lisa's 2017 APQ UFO Challenge

I thoroughly enjoyed participating in the #APQResolution UFO Challenge in 2016. I made far more progress on projects than I would have otherwise, and have decided to take the challenge for 2017! Below is my list of (almost*) randomly picked projects for 2017.

*Since I am 5 days into January, I already know the selected project for the month is
#6. I also know that I have one project I need to finish in January, so I am slotting that into the #6 position. All other projects are randomly selected. A number of these are continuations from last year.

Here are my 12 projects for 2017:

  1. Marcie's Maze Quilt (quilt blocks are complete, next is to add sashing & borders)
  2. Tulip Wall Hanging (applique is fused, need to quilt & bind)
  3. Colored Happy Quilt (finished blocks are sewn into rows, need to sew the rows together & quilt)
  4. Ruler Tote (I've actually used the tote, but want to add the lining to finish) 
  5. Charity Quilt (guild charity quilt, just needs binding)
  6. Tumalo Trail batik quilt (guild fabric swap from Jan 2016, goal to complete quilt top in Jan 2017)
  7. Monarch Butterfly paper piecing (started, goal is to finish quilt top)
  8. Wild Things Quilt (with the help of my good friend Mary, the quilt is pin basted, now onto quilting and binding)
  9. Block of the Month Star quilt (same status as #8!)
  10. Birdhouse Cabinet (non-quilting; painting project long overdue for a finish)
  11. Scotland/Ireland/England scrapbook (non-quilting, was on my alternate list last year, so did not touch it)
  12. Maple Leaf Quilt (also on my alternate list last year, still in the process of cutting pieces for blocks)
If I happen  to finish one of these projects before it comes up in the rotation, I'll go to the next one in the list below:
  1. Machine Quilting Practice Panels
  2. Heritage Album (non-quilting, scrapbooking project)
  3. Mystery Challenge Quilt (quilt top complete, need to quilt & finish)
  4. Flag Quilt (just have troublesome binding corners and hanging/rod pocket to complete)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.