Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Lisa's UFO Report: March 2016

My March goal for the #APQResolution UFO Challenge was to come up with a plan for using several yards of Where the Wild Things Are themed fabric. These fabrics had been taking up space in my sewing closet for a couple of years with no plan of what to do with them. I can say that I'm very happy with the progress made on this one!

I started the month by searching for potential patterns on the internet, in my stack of magazines & books, and books borrowed from Mary. I made a short list of about a dozen ideas, and my good friends Mary & Amanda helped me choose one that would work well with the fabrics. The selection was Grandma's Victory pattern from the Spring 2015 Quilter's World.

With that goal accomplished, I was off to Patches Quilt Loft to pick out a coordinating solid fabric to use and got busy with cutting and assembling.

Now that the end of March has arrived, I have a completed quilt top. I also have pieced together a backing for the quilt that used up most of the remaining theme fabric. As I have time in the next couple of months, I will look forward to pin basting, machine quilting, and binding this UFO to completion.

Quilt top finished!
 


1 comment:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.