My April goal for the #APQResolution UFO Challenge was to come up with a plan to use a Moda Fiji Batiks Jelly Roll that my husband gave to me for Christmas. The main goal was to find a pattern for a lap sized quilt that these strips would go into - anything on top of that was going to be an added bonus.
With a wide range of strip colors, the tough part was finding a background fabric that would work well & make the various colored strips pop. A white/light fabric seemed to be a logical choice, but I wanted something a little brighter. I eventually settled on a bright apple-y green fabric.
By the end of April, I got all of the pieces cut needed to assemble the blocks, and have all of the background pieces sewn to the center squares & ends of strips. I've just started pairing up which strips will go together with the center squares. So not a completed quilt top, but lots of progress in April!