Saturday, November 26, 2016

Lisa's UFO Challenge: November 2016

Well, October was not very successful, and we are almost at the end of November as I post what my November #APQResolution UFO Challenge is . The selected project is #9. For me that is my Block of the Month Star Lap Quilt.

A few years ago, my quilt guild did a block of the month that had a star block theme. Each month a different star block was the chosen pattern, and the goal was to use black and white with a splash of color. It was encouraged to make two blocks each month...one to keep for yourself, and one to contribute to be made into charity quilts. I decided to participate & made all of my blocks using the same black and white background fabrics, and a different splash of color for each month. 

At the time I signed up for the APQ challenge, I had my blocks finished. By the time this project came up, I actually had competed the quilt top with sashing and border (progress already!). As of November, I need to piece together the backing (I have the fabric), pin baste, and machine quilt. Let's see how far I get!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.