Thursday, December 15, 2016

Lisa's UFO Challenge: November Update & December Project

I'm going to cheat here, and give an end  of November update with my December project for the #APQResolution UFO Challenge. My November project was to make progress on my Block of the Month Star Lap Quilt. At the beginning of November, I had a completed quilt top. During the month, I pieced together the backing. And as of yesterday (yes, now into December), Mary helped me pin paste it. So it is now all ready for me to take to retreat in January to machine quilt (I need to do some thread planning beforehand). There isn't anything picture worthy for this update.

Onto December - I have chosen to skip my selected project, #11 which was to finish a mystery quilt. Instead, I have skipped to my alternate #2 project, Tumalo Trail Batik Swap. I swapped strips of batiks in many colors with 30-something other guild members last January at our retreat, and want to finish my quilt top before the retreat next month. I had not yet started, so needed to move this one up to December. At the start of the month, I hadn't even opened my packets from last years' swap. I have done that now & have pressed the strips. Lets see how far I get!

1 comment:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.