Sunday, February 28, 2016

Lisa's UFO Report: February 2016

Pieces traced & fabric chosen
My February goal for the #APQResolution UFO Challenge was to make progress on my Tulip Applique. This was the first project in my alternate list as my original #5 listed project (Smith Mountain Morning quilt) was just waiting to be dropped off to be long armed. I'm happy to report that my drop off appointment was yesterday - quilting thread and pattern were picked out. I can't wait to see it finished!

So onto the Tulip Applique. At the beginning of February, this was just a pattern that I had purchased three or four years ago and has been sitting in my closet ever since. During the month, I have:

  • Picked out/purchased fabrics needed 
  • Traced all of the pattern pieces onto fusible
  • Fused & cut out all of the fabric pieces needed to complete the applique
  • Arranged the layout so see how all of the pieces fit together
  • Picked out threads that I will need for quilting

I need an applique pressing sheet in order to do the next step, which is to lay out the pieces in layers on the pressing sheet over the pattern and fuse together, before fusing to my background fabric. I have ordered a pressing sheet, but it won't arrive until March 1st.

I'm considering my February challenge to be a success since I have made considerable progress. I will likely continue to pick away at it in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.