Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Lisa's UFO Challenge: February 2016


The number selected for February's #APQResolution UFO Challenge is #5. This means I should be working on the Blue & Brown Smith Mountain Morning quilt. At the time I compiled my challenge list, I needed to add an inner and outer border to the quilt top, assemble the backing (a pieced backing using up the left over strips from the quilt top), and make binding. I actually completed all of these things in January & have an appointment to deliver it for long arm quilting on February 27th.

Since that project is as complete as I can have it at the moment, I will drop to the first item on my alternate list, which is a Tulip Applique. I saw this applique on display at one of the first quilt shows I attended & thought it was fabulous - I do love tulips! I was ready to jump in and purchase the full kit (pattern + fabrics), but my voice of reason (that would be Mary) was with me so I ended up purchasing only the pattern. This is what I would like to accomplish for February:
  • Pick out the fabrics needed (may be a combo of my stash, shopping in Mary's stash, and a side trip to Patches
  • Cut out the pieces for the applique
  • Assemble the quilt top
  • Quilting would be a bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.