Monday, October 10, 2016

Progress on UFO Challenge Projects

It was a busy summer and I didn't get posts written about my projects for the #APQresolution UFO Challenge. I did get a reasonable amount of sewing done and have made further progress on several projects from earlier in the year as well as on some of the summer UFOs. Here is where each project started and where it is now. 

JANUARY (2): Autumn wall hanging applique kit (bought, never started)
This was redesigned into a totally different wall quilt from the kit and the top is now done.

FEBRUARY (5): Pillow covers for back porch chairs (fabric bought this past Thanksgiving weekend, nothing else done)
These got done in February.

MARCH (3): Fairy frost geranium quilt (ready to quilt -- set aside because I couldn't decide how to quilt it or what color thread to use) 
This got done in March.

APRIL (1): French print apron (currently fabric in a bag with a sketch)
This got finished over the summer and is hanging in the kitchen as my currently in use apron.

MAY (7): Butterfly stain glass quilt kit (bought, never started)
This is a completed top which has been basted with batting and backing and I began quilting it. I am using black thread to fill in the lead lines on the stained glass as the quilting. It is slow going, but it is coming along.

JUNE (10): Chocolate Cherries Bargello (need to finish machine quilting it)
This got finished over the summer and is ready to photograph and post in my Etsy shop.

JULY (4): Irish Chain (is being handquilted -- has been in progress for decades)
I worked on this a little bit. There is a lot of quilt left to be quilted including putting something in all the large plain squares this design includes. Will be a while before this gets done.

AUGUST (6): Halloween tote bags (bought great fabric for these, need to work out design)
I had enough fabric for 2 of these. One is done (I have been using it this month as it is October) and the other one is almost done. 

SEPTEMBER (12): Strawberry Lap Quilt (ready for basting -- got put in a bag and forgotten about ages ago)
This got finished over the summer and will be given away shortly (it was a charity quilt kit from my quilt guild).

OCTOBER (8): La Vie en Rose quilt (began as a box of fabrics and some sketches at this point)
This is in progress. I came up with a design (nothing at all like the sketches that were in the box) and have assembled most of the top. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.