Monday, October 3, 2016

Lisa's UFO Report: September 2016

From '40 Fabulous Quick
Cut Quilts' by Evelyn Sloppy
Making progress on my September project for the  #APQResolution UFO Challenge was not exactly a big success. I was supposed to make progress on a Southwest themed quilt.

The progress made on the project was very minimal. Starting the month, I had a bunch of fabrics - a Southwest Collection pack of 10" squares, yardage of some other Southwest-y themed prints, and some co-ordinating solids - with no plan of what to do with them. I spent some time researching pattern options that work well with 10" squares, both online and in Mary's quilt book collection. Mary helped me find a pattern that I think will work well with the fabrics. It called "It's a Guy Thing" from 40 Fabulous Quick Cut Quilts by Evelyn Sloppy. I think the pattern lends to a Southwest feel & the large triangles will be great for showing off the patterns in the 10" squares.

So that was my progress - coming up with a pattern/plan. I still need to sit down & map out my number and size of blocks, and find a background fabric before I can really get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.