My rating: 3 of 5 stars
I enjoyed this peek into the lives of women business owners. Nearly all of them are artsy/creative businesses which I was a bit disappointed about as more diversity of endeavors would have made the book more interesting. There was a lot of inspiration here. My take-aways:
- "Winners are losers who got back up." -- Jodie Patterson
- "Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." -- Arthur Ashe, quoted by Thelma Golden, director of the Studio Museum.
- If I visit Austin, TX I want to check out Liz Lambert's hotel.
- I want to eat at Anita Lo's NYC restaurant, Annisa. It sounds great.
- I want to read the blog Justina Blakeney started despite the advice she was given that blogging was over (The Jungalow)