Friday, March 18, 2016

UFO Report: March 2016

My March project for the #APQResolution UFO challenge was the fairy frost geranium quilt. I found some nice rayon thread in good colors for the quilting (on sale even!) and got it quilted. I used a leaf motif quilting design on the green borders which I was very happy with. 
Quilting detail, geranium quilt
Once the quilting was finished I realized I was about 10 inches short on the binding I had planned to use (this entire quilt has gone like that). Of course the fabric the binding was made from was long gone and a weird color I couldn't match. Patches had a beautiful sparkly dark green fabric in their Christmas section so I was able to get the quilt bound. It is now finished and hanging in my dining room.
Fairy Frost Geranium Quilt, 2016


3 comments:

  1. Congrats on another UFO challenge finish! I think I may have told you this ten times already, but I'll say it again...I love how this has turned out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.