Friday, January 13, 2017

Lisa's 2017 'Making Forward Progress' List

In addition to the All People Quilt UFO Challenge, I've decided to do the Making Forward Progress Challenge hosted by Mary at the Urban Quilter. Not all of these projects are sewing or quilt related, but are things I would like to make progress on.

  1. Sherri's Quilt - This will be a quilt for my sister. She wants a quilt in earth tones, so I will decide on a pattern & have fun fabric shopping.  
  2. Halloween Quilt - I've collected random Halloween themed fabrics over the past few years. They now need a quilt plan!
  3. Rob's T-shirt Quilt - I have a collection of Rob's beer themed t-shirts, cut the fronts, purchased fusible, and watched an online class for making the "Ultimate T-shirt Quilt". I'm looking forward to getting the design worked out now.
  4. Haunted House Wall Hanging - I've completed the quilt top for this paper pieced wall hanging, and now need to quilt (I don't know if I will machine or hand quilt this) and bind.
  5. PJs or Robe - I have Where the Wild Things Are themed flannel fabric that I want to make into pyjama bottoms or a bath robe.
  6. Maple Leaf Quilt - This is a quilt for my nephew, in blues & whites to make a Toronto Maple Leafs themed quilt. I've started cutting the pieces I need for the blocks, so need to finish that and start piecing the blocks. 
  7. Scrapbook Album - When this project comes up I will pick one of my unfinished albums to work on (likely candidates will be Scotland, Heritage, Alaska, or wedding).
  8. Spice Cabinet - This is a tole painting project. It's a small spice cabinet that I need to finish painting the doors on. Then hopefully I can find a home to give it away to.
  9. Monarch Cross Stitch - This is a cross stitch pattern I started a few years ago. The goal will be to make a decent amount of progress or decide to permanently abandon it & clear out all of my cross stitch supplies. If it is the latter, I will consider it progress!
  10. Southwest Quilt - I have fabrics and selected a pattern. I need to work out the math for the size of my quilt blocks & get started. 
  11. Yellow & Orange Jelly Roll - This is a set of strips in varying shades of yellow and orange. I hope Mary's #12 project on her list comes up before this, as I think that may be the pattern I want to use for this quilt. 
  12. Christmas Jelly Roll - I received this jelly roll for Christmas, and need to make a plan for it.
In case I finish one of the above projects before it comes up in the rotation, I will pick an alternate project from this list:
  1. Race T-Shirt Quilt - I have a stack of t-shirts from races I have done in my closet, and either need to decide to turn them into a quilt, or clear them out.
  2. Marcie's Maze - I have all of the quilt blocks finished for this quilt and now need to assemble and quilt.
  3. Colored Happy - This quilt top is almost complete (I just need to sew the rows of blocks together), and then quilt it.
  4. Linda & Mike's Quilt - This is a not yet started project that is long overdue. I would like to make a bargello.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.