Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Mary's Progress - August and September

Light/Bright Stars quilt, center section, 2017
I completed the center section of the quilt that was my September Forward Progress project. That was my goal for the month so I'm pleased. I am quite happy with how it turned out. I think the border may be the dark fabric that was used for the star points with squares set on-point out of the various colors used in the quilt running around the edge. I haven't decided for sure yet though.
My August project, which I neglected to post about at the end of last month, went reasonably well. My goals were to  (1) to write a new draft of the flag wall quilt pattern ready for testing (2) to kit up the pieces I have cut into quilt-sized groups and (3) to make 1 quilt top. 
I wrote a revised version of the part of the pattern that needed changing which I think counts as a revised draft. I have 3 kits ready to go for flag quilts from the assorted pieces in my box and I have all the rows and blocks done for a top (not one of the 3) ready to sew together. Definitely forward progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.