Saturday, September 9, 2017

Mary's September Start

The pieces of the Light/Bright Stars Quilt on 9/9/2017
The number for September is 1 which makes my forward progress project for the month my Light/Bright Stars quilt. This is a lap-size quilt that was inspired by a wall hanging-sized quilt I made several years ago. This one is an alternating pattern of the same star in light colored fabrics and bright versions of (mostly) the same colors. The backgrounds are charcoal and white so the colors should pop nicely. 

I have all the units for the main part of the quilt made and now I need to assemble the rows. I will also have to figure out if the design needs a border and if so what it is going to be. The very next step to move this project forward is to lay out the rows/units in the proper order to sew them together. My goal for the month is to complete the main part of the quilt top. If I figure out the border that will be a bonus.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, the fabrics you picked out on the way to our last retreat, love seeing how they are coming together!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.