Thursday, September 21, 2017

Lisa's Forward Progress: September Start

The Making Forward Progress project number for September is #1. For my list, this is 'Sherri's Quilt'. Sherri is my sister and I have yet to make a quilt for her. The fact I've only been quilting for 6 years, that isn't to terrible an offence for me (I don't think so anyway). 

For Sherri's 50th birthday, my present was a commitment to make her a quilt - colors are her choice, pattern is my choice. Though if I can narrow it down to a couple of patterns, I'll get her input. I didn't commit to a timeline, which is good since she has already had another birthday.

The color inspiration for the quilt is her living room area in her new house...earthy beige/browns with grey and the pop of colors being rust/orange and blue/turquoise. The overall feel is cozy modern (is that a thing?). 

My next step is to find a pattern - I don't want anything too traditional. I have a couple of ideas so I need to look up those patterns and choose which I want to move forward with. I'd also like to pick out some fabrics or at least pick out some samples in the colors I'm looking for.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.