Saturday, November 21, 2020

Sunny Christmas

Sunny Christmas - Done!

This quilt was on my 2017 UFO list and it finally got finished this week.  
It is the Sunny Lanes pattern from Nickel Quilts and is made entirely from scraps of Christmas fabric. The quilt is very big (it is the lap size according to the book). I quilted it on a friend's long-arm machine in a free-motion stipple pattern. I liked doing the free-motion on the long-arm, it went quick and it came out very well. The automatic stitch regulation function on the long-arm made my very uneven quilting look amazing and even. 
I had a plan for this quilt when I started it but my life is very different now than it was then and that plan no longer works. I am gifting the finished quilt to the son of a friend who needs some Christmas cheer in his life right now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.