Sunday, September 13, 2020

Sunday Stitching Post #16

Since my last update I have done quite a bit of sewing. I finished my August OMG and have been working on baby quilts from my scrap bins. I'm going to try to complete a top for a baby or lap-size scrap quilt each month and ideally quilt one as well. All the finished scrap quilts will go to my Guild's charity quilt project. I have made 2 tops since the beginning of August so am on track so far. I have been collecting ideas from instagram (the hashtag #scrapquilt is great for this) and various blogs in an effort to try some new patterns and to use up fabric. 

My very next project is to try out some new machine quilting patterns. I borrowed some quilting books from the library, picked out new-to-me designs to try, and have a pile of squares layered and basted. This week I hope to get the machine set up for quilting and dive in. I also have quilting to do for this month's OMG. 

My most recent scrappy top

I have also been considering starting an applique project so I have some handwork to do. Quilting at the Cro's Nest posted a super cute quilt called Farm Girl Vintage which led me to Lori Holt's website Bee in My Bonnet where I found Let's Bake. Both are adorable and might be good projects for me. (probably smaller versions using some of the blocks). I was also considering a Baltimore Album project but after reading some books I borrowed from a friend I think that is more ambitious than I am ready for at the moment.

I am linking this post in Oh Scrap!









6 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new quilt top (using one of my favorite color combos!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilt top. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful scrappy top, one of my favourite colour combos as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hadn't used this combo before, but I'm liking it

      Delete
  4. I’m liking your newest scrappy top! Kinda plaidish! And the colors are great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.