Saturday, March 23, 2019

Book Report: Mr. X Stitch Guide to Cross Stitch

The Mr. X Stitch Guide to Cross StitchThe Mr. X Stitch Guide to Cross Stitch
by Jamie Chalmers
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have been cross-stitching sporadically most of my life, so most of this book was review for me. It provides very good basic instructions with clear illustrations and some modern looking projects. The detailed analysis of how a pineapple project changes depending on size, count, and number of colors (adjusted with design software like PCStitch) was extremely illuminating and clarified the implications of these choices in a pattern. My main quibble is that he describes a "laying tool" in the gadgets section (which I have never come across before), but never explains how you use it to do what he describes. If you have never cross-stitched this book would be a good place to start. His website is www.mrxstitch.com
I first heard about this book on Following the Thread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.