Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Mary's September Finish

Finished bag.
My September Project (#9 on my 2018 Forward Progress list) was my floral shopper. I finished the project, though not exactly as the pattern indicated. I was not impressed with the way the pattern put the bag together and I made a number of changes in the construction method and ultimately the design. It was supposed to be a shopper that folded up and went in a little bag. The bag was WAY too little to hold the shopper and the handles were too short to be comfortable to carry. I abandoned the little bag all together and I added an extra strap to the top of the handles to make it possible to carry this over my shoulder. I also added a pocket. The flowered fabric used to be a skirt and I was able to reuse the button hole from the waistband of the skirt on the pocket. 
Pocket added, using the skirt's buttonhole


1 comment:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.