Thursday, June 7, 2018

Lisa's Forward Progress: June Start

Making Forward Progress is #1 for June. On my list, this is a charity quilt. When I originally compiled my list for the year, this was a completed charity quilt that needed binding.

Someone in the quilt guild made the quilt top and backing, my friend Mary Kate quilted it on her long arm machine, and I agreed to do the binding. Mary Kate handed that off to me quite some time ago.

The quilt is very scrappy with all kinds of different fabrics. My friend Mary had the idea (back when the quilt came to me) to keep the scrappy theme going, and piece the binding together with different fabrics, from the lengths of leftover bindings from other projects. Mary contributed a lot to that effort, and I've been adding to the pile for a while.

Since originally posting my list, I actually made progress on this project in May. I joined all of the binding lengths together, and machine sewed all of the binding to the quilt. So my next step, and my goal for this month, is to finish hand sewing the binding to the back (that sounds like some quality tv watching time to me!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.