Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Lisa's Forward Progress: May End

May isn't quite over yet, but I have completed as much as I'm going to on my project for this month. I started out the month with one small section complete on a paper pieced monarch butterfly wall hanging.

I've now completed all of the paper piecing, including re-doing the original section (as I ended up using a different type of paper). I've also added the borders and have removed all of the paper from the back.

My next step is to pin baste and machine quilt. I wasn't in the mood to do the quilting yet, so decided to move onto another project. I hope to finish up the monarch butterfly to give to my mother for her birthday in August.

I made progress on some other projects in May as well:

  •  I completed hand sewing the binding on a baby quilt for my grand-nephew & it has been delivered.
  • Made binding and have machine sewed it to a charity quilt (project #1 on my list)
  • Continued progress on Crosswinds (project #8), which was February's project. I've now completed 96 flying geese with background strip units, 100 half-square triangle units, and a few hundred other pieces cut.
  Here's hoping June is as successful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.