Thursday, April 20, 2017

Lisa's Forward Progress: March End & April Start

I'm extremely late in posting about my March ending and my April beginning - before I know it May will be here (it literally almost is!).

First up, March Forward Progress update. There were lofty goals, and at the beginning of the month, I forgot about a week of vacation at the end of the month. So at the beginning, I had three goals: to finish one 'in progress' album, to continue to purge un-used 'scrap crap' by getting three listings up on eBay for things I do not need, and to organize scrapbook supplies.

For my March ending update, I don't have any pictures to share. I did't make progress on any album except for digging one out to think about working on. And I didn't do too much in the organizing department. But I did get six listings up on eBay and four of them sold and have been shipped off...so I have made progress in de-cluttering, and recouped some money in the process. In March I also helped Mary pin baste her March project, so I also consider having helped in her forward progress!

Onto April start! April is project #9, which on my list is a Monarch Butterfly cross-stitch. I started this project a long time ago as a present for my mother as she loves Monarchs. As can be seen in these pictures, is (1) What is currently complete on the project (left) and (2) What I have left...in the second picture (below right), the pattern is printed on nine different 8.5x11 pieces of paper. The portion highlighted in yellow represents what is currently complete.

I haven't cross-stitched in a long time, until recently. I told Mary I would finish the back stitching/outline work on a piece she had finished. I have completed that (yes Mary, it is done!), so I am in cross-stitch mode. My goal for April is to make some progress on the Monarch, and figure out if it is a project I am willing to complete at some point or not. If I decide not to, I will abandon it.  


1 comment:

  1. That is so exciting that my cross stitch is done! It would NEVER have happened without you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.