Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Mary's Forward Progress Start: March

T with his Northwoods Quilt (May, 2000)
Number 7 on my list is the North Woods Quilt I made as a wedding present for my husband T. It was tied (in time for the wedding!), and 15+ years later he would like it quilted. I took it apart at the end of last year and got new batting for it.
The very next step (VNS) to move this project forward is to schedule a time with Lisa when we can get together and pin baste. My goal for this month is to get the quilt basted and start on the quilting in the center section.
The plan is to quilt the green parts (in green) to accentuate the diamond pattern of the piecing; to custom quilt the individual applique images; and to fill in the neutral background with neutral colored meandering. The background would be less contrast-y if I was making this quilt today, but I was told by the quilt's owner that I couldn't take it apart and change out the fabric I'm not happy with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.