Thursday, August 21, 2014

Done: Green Skirt


I finished my green skirt. It is McCalls #2255 and it went together very easily. It is cut on the bias, which made the cutting layout a bit weird, and it told you to let the skirt hang for 24-hours before hemming it which I had never come across before. I'm happy with how it came out and would consider making another skirt from this pattern.
Detail of the fabric

The fabric I used was a pretty batik cotton with kind of an autumn feel to the colors. I prewashed the fabric so I can put this in the washer and the dryer without worrying about the skirt shrinking.

This is one of the projects on my Q3 list for the Finish Along at The Littlest Thistle.
 



2 comments:

  1. Thanks! I wore it yesterday and it was pretty good. Not as comfy as some other cotton skirt patterns I have made so this may be a one off.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.