Saturday, January 6, 2024

Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2024 - January

Evergreen (Annette Plog, designer)

Hosted at SewScrappy, RSC24 encourages quilters to use their scraps one color at a time. Each month a new color is chosen to focus on that month. I'm not sure I will get to this every month, but I am going to jump in and see if I can fit this challenge into my sewing.

I have a ton of scraps, already sorted by color, and have been focusing on trying to use up what I have as much as possible. 

The color for January is "dark and bright green." There was a quilt called "Evergreen" in the December 2023 issue of American Patchwork and Quilting which I was thinking of making (in a lap size) for my sister. As it matches up perfectly with this challenge I am going to give it a go. 

5 comments:

  1. Cool design!!!! Are you going to use solids or prints?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be using mostly prints with some tone-on-tone because that is what is in my scrap bin.

      Delete
  2. That is a beautiful quilt, and will be an awesome choice for your January project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started organizing my scraps by color, but didn't get far. I missed the bright and dark part on the green. I will have to pull out the other greens from what I prepared for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's frustrating when you have to go back and pull more. It is an excuse to pet your fabric though!

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.