Tuesday, October 26, 2021

OMG October Finish

 My #onemonthlygoal for October was to finish my blue string quilt which I did. This was finish #5/7 for my by-the-end of 2021 finishing goals. This was string-pieced on muslin foundations and came entirely from my scrap collection. It was originally going to be just blues with a little black and purple but I didn't think it had enough visual interest so I added the red squares to some of the blocks. A friend who saw it said it reminded her of Gee's Bend quilts which I didn't think about when I did it, but I think that was buried in my brain somewhere because this quilt is very reminiscent of some of those quilts. 

Blue String Quilt 2021

I started quilting this when I was at Quilt Retreat with my guild and one of my fellow guild members (a fabulous long-arm quilter) helped me decide on a quilting pattern. She suggested stars which I hadn't really done before, but they were pretty easy to do and they turned out really well on this quilt. 

Quilting detail

I'm linking this up with One Monthly Goal at Elm Street Quilts


1 comment:

  1. Wonderful quilt top. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.