Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Countdown to March Madness

Eleven weeks from today is the eve of March Madness 2019. My husband is a huge college basketball fan and this tournament takes over his life each March. This Christmas one of his gifts was for me to make a T-shirt quilt for him with 24 blocks (12 on each side of the quilt). He picked out all the necessary shirts right away and I have set myself a goal (a decidedly mad one) of having his quilt done in time for watching this year's March Madness. I broke the project down into steps and mapped out what needs to be done each week for this to happen. My plan is to post each Wednesday between now and then with my progress so far and the goals for the next week.
Here is what got done this week:
  • selected the shirts (my husband did this)
  • washed the sashing fabric
  • cut apart all the selected T-shirts
To do by next Wednesday (1/9):
  • cut interfacing into block-sized pieces (some are 12" blocks, some are 6")
  • iron the interfacing onto the back of the T-shirt pieces

1 comment:

  1. Let me know if you need interfacing - I bought a crazy amount :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.