Saturday, November 19, 2016

In the Company of Women

In the Company of Women: Inspiration and Advice from over 100 Makers, Artists, and EntrepreneursIn the Company of Women: Inspiration and Advice from over 100 Makers, Artists, and Entrepreneurs by Grace Bonney
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I enjoyed this peek into the lives of women business owners. Nearly all of them are artsy/creative businesses which I was a bit disappointed about as more diversity of endeavors would have made the book more interesting. There was a lot of inspiration here. My take-aways:
  • "Winners are losers who got back up." -- Jodie Patterson
  • "Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." -- Arthur Ashe, quoted by Thelma Golden, director of the Studio Museum.
  • If I visit Austin, TX I want to check out Liz Lambert's hotel.
  • I want to eat at Anita Lo's NYC restaurant, Annisa. It sounds great.
  • I want to read the blog Justina Blakeney started despite the advice she was given that blogging was over (The Jungalow)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.