Monday, February 1, 2021

OMG February

Basted, some quilting begun
My #onemonthlygoal for this month is to finish machine quilting my Light/bright Stars Quilt. I have done swirls in all the light four-patches, with a pastel variegated thread, and began doing continuous curves in the pink/purple star blocks using a variegated purple. I have an orange variegated thread planned for the green/orange stars. After all the star blocks are quilted there will be another pass to fill in the white corner squares with white thread quilting. Then something in the border.  

This is an ambitious goal as it is a lot of quilting in a short month AND I just started piecing a string-block quilt which I am much more excited about than I am about finishing this very old UFO. 

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful quilt, Mary and using the variegated threads is going to make it even more spectacular. I love quilting with swirls for movement too. I look forward to seeing your string quilt and best of luck on completing your goals.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.