Sunday, May 2, 2021

OMG May

String blocks begun
My #onemonthlygoal for this month is to finish the top of the blue string quilt I started back in February.  I haven't really sewed much since January, but I'm going to try to get back on track with it. 

This quilt will be a donation to my Guild's charity quilt project when it is finished. It will be 42 string-pieced blocks (set 6x7) in blues with some of the squares having a burgundy frame in the middle of the square to make it more interesting looking. The strings are all from my scraps and are mostly dark blues with a few lighter blues and some blacks and dark purples mixed in. I finished 8 of the blocks previously and have the centers of the remaining blocks pieced and strings pressed and ready to use for the rest. I got going on this project again while listening to the "Coal Wars" episodes of the American History Tellers podcast, so I might call this the "Coal Quilt."

In addition to OMG I am also linking this to Oh Scrap! 

I did not get the Light/bright Stars Quilt quilted (my February OMG) but I did make some progress on it.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds interesting; all dark blues with a little purple. We don't often see quilts made completely in the same colour (almost). I hope you sow it here again when you've finished it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be a fun project to work on and such lovely colors too. Isn't it a lot of fun to work on string quilts? Looking forward to seeing your progress. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.