Monday, January 25, 2021

OMG January Finish

My finished top
 My #onemonthlygoal this month was to finish all 40 blocks for my Lavender Geese Quilt. I not only did that, I completed the top and got the backing pieced. 

I got much of this quilt done because I had an audiobook going that was really fun and I wanted to know what would happen next so I kept sewing because I wanted to keep listening. 

The geese in this quilt are made with a stitch and flip method and I didn't trim out the underneath bits so it is pretty heavy. The backing is a cute flannel toile and I'm thinking I might just quilt it without any batting since it is going to be a summer quilt anyway. I've never done that before though so if you have advice about this plan please leave a comment. 

Part of One Monthly Goal is a prize giveaway and one of the prizes this month is an EPP starter kit. I was contemplating trying out EPP so I might need to buy this for myself in the very likely event that I don't win the random drawing. 

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! You conquered your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully restful quilt. I love the fabrics you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love geese--looks great! I find listening to audiobooks really does help get a lot done! I have no experience going "no batting" to share though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on reaching your goal and then passing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the flying geese. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.