Project #5 on my 2018 Forward Progress list is my Tropical Quilt. Since I made my list I have made some progress on this monster project. I have completed paper piecing all 12 mariners' compass centers (I had 3 to go when I made the list) and have appliqued the centers into all but 2 of them. The next step to move this project forward is to cut and assemble the background pieces for each block and get them all pinned up for hand appliqueing the compasses to the background. I did one of these but wasn't entirely happy with how it turned out, so I need to make some adjustments to the size of the cut pieces and try again. When I get the formula right it shouldn't be a huge deal to get them assembled and ready for handwork. I also need to finish appliqueing the remaining center circles, but that shouldn't take more than one evening watching TV to accomplish. My goal for the month is to finish the 2 centers and to figure out the correct sizing of the background pieces. I am linking up this month with one-monthly-goal at Elm Street Quilts.