Monday, June 5, 2017

Lisa's Forward Progress: May End & June Start

Wow, May went by very fast! My May goal was to decide on a design for a lap size Halloween Quilt. I did not make a lot of progress, but with Mary's help, we looked at my collection of Halloween themed and coordinating solids, and paired up the patterns with solids. Mary also helped with lending me a quilt design & block pattern for a quilt she designed that is a strong consideration. It involves curved piecing which I've never done before, so I will try out the block on scrap fabric first.

Now onto June's project #8, which is a spice cabinet on my list. This is a tole painting project that has been sitting in my closet for many years. I have actually completed two of these in the past as gifts, and the intent of this one was to be for me. However, there isn't really a spot for it in the kitchen I now have, so I hope to find a good home for it when finished.

I've pulled the project out and it looks like I had stained the box and finished the base coating on the doors. The base coating looks to be in pretty rough shape from the years of being stored in my closet, so I may have to re-do that. I did find my instructions, and stash of paints (which I hope have not completely dried up!). My next steps are to fix the base coat, and then add shade & highlight details.

As a coincidence, the number that came up for June on my #APQResolution UFO list is #10 which is also a tole painting project. So I think the stars are aligned for me to get some painting done this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.