The pattern for this quilt was designed by Mary & the completed top has been sitting, pin basted on the trunk in the spare room for about two years now. I think it has even made a trip or two with me to quilt retreat, but has never made it's way out of the bag to be worked on.
Now that July has ended, I have completed quilting - I tried a new-to-me method for quilting the star portion of the flag, using a single continuous curve to fill in the star, and another for the blue background of the star. I'm really happy with how that turned out. I also made the binding & have almost finished hand stitching - all of the sides are done & now I just need to do the corners.