Saturday, September 7, 2024

Scrappy Saturday

RSC Heart Quilt as of Aug. 2024

We are coming into the home-stretch with the RSC -- this month the color is black and next month is dark brown. Colors on a black background will probably be my go-to for both my log cabin blocks and my heart block projects. I'm not sure that either of these colors are what I want in my log cabin project so I may not do those in these colors. 

I laid out my heart and alternate blocks last month and they are coming along well. Looking at the picture I see that I should turn all the alternates the other way so the secondary design is stronger. 

am linking up with Scrappy Saturday at So Scrappy and Oh Scrap! 

5 comments:

  1. I'm all about following the rules until I don't. So, I applaud you listening to your quilt vs. the "instructions". Whatever you choose to do this piece will shine with your love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great heart quilt. I have to say that the green alternate block isn't going in the same direction as the others. Just the corner units. It's not an easy task to add black or brown in a rainbow quilt. You'll have to try it out and see if it is to your liking. Either way, your heart quilt is wonderful so far. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this heart block. Yours are very pretty and I can't wait to see your finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.