Saturday, March 23, 2024

Scrappy Saturday

Purple Pickle Dish Blocks
This week I finished my 4 purple pickle-dish blocks. These went together easier than the red ones did. I discovered that it works better for me to sew with the background pieces on the top when I attach them to the curves. The directions I am using (from a 1998 issue of American Patchwork and Quilting Magazine) say to do this the other way, but I found that led me to a lot of unsewing when the background pieces got caught in the seams. I made notes on the directions so when I get back to these blocks I will know how it worked best. Not sure which color will be best for the 3rd set of these blocks, but will see what choices come up.  

I am linking up with Scrappy Saturday at So Scrappy and Oh Scrap! 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful blocks! Very smart to make helpful notes on the pattern. It could be several weeks before you get back to making next month's color. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pickle dish block! Can't even imagine how you did all the curves and piecing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.