Saturday, February 10, 2024

Scrappy Saturday

I finished the top for the Green Scrap Quilt and am very pleased with how it came out.  I ended up making a dozen blocks and will add a single-fabric border to "frame" everything. I will post a picture when I get the borders on. 

An additional benefit of the January RSC is that my greens bin is now very nicely sorted and folded. If I can get that done with every month's color that will be wonderful. 

...became log cabin blocks
I have started working on reds by completing six log-cabin blocks. 

Lots of red 1" strips...






I have also decided to do a pickle-dish wall hanging as part of the RSC this year. I was inspired by the pickle-dish quilt I saw at Quilts, etc.  which uses colored bits and white in the wedges and then a black background. I found a pattern for the block, printed off the paper-piecing templates, and bought a very nice black tone-on-tone for the background. My plan is to make 4 blocks in each of 3 colors during the year (starting with red and using whatever other 2 inspire me). The finished and arranged pickle-dish blocks that Karen made for her quilt are pictured in a post on progress on several quilts. My pattern is smaller than what she did, but will be a good opportunity for me to make a block I have been wanting to try for years. 

I am linking up with Scrappy Saturday at So Scrappy and Oh Scrap! 


2 comments:

  1. Isn't the RSC great for playing with blocks that are new to you to make? You are tempting me. I've always wanted to try my hand at a Wedding Ring quilt. Perhaps 2025.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely red Log Cabin blocks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.