Monday, December 7, 2020

Machine Quilting Monday #5

The red quilting is the leaf 
This week's new-to-me machine quilt patterns was Leafy Meander from Free-Motion Meandering (p. 57). I used it on a busy strawberry print and my thread blended so perfectly that you can't see the quilting at all in a picture. I did another test piece on a scrap so you can see it. 
I liked this pattern a lot. It was pretty forgiving if you got backed into a corner and you could make the leaves different sizes (to fill your space) and it still looked good. After all, leaves on a plant are different sizes as they grow.
You start in the middle and make a loop with a pointed end, then you echo it a time or two and then make another pointy loop from close to the same base point and echo that a time or two. You repeat this process until your space is filled in.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.