Monday, November 30, 2020

Machine Quilting Monday #4

This week's new-to-me machine quilt patterns was Snail Trails  from Modern Machine Quilter (p. 69). It is done free-motion (with a darning foot and feed-dogs down) and while I found it challenging to keep track of where I was going and get it all filled in I did like how it came out and would use it again. 

It is basically a swirl, you curve into the center and then trace your way back out again, but the curves are squared off and a bumpy.  I used a variation of this to quilt a baby quilt that has a log-cabin-type of block and that worked well because I could follow the pattern of the piecing to keep track of where to go next. (I will post that finish when I get binding on it.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.