Monday, September 21, 2020

Machine Quilting Monday #2

Continuing my Monday reports on testing some new-to-me machine quilt patterns with matchstick quilting. This one came from Modern Machine Quilter (p. 40) and is another walking foot pattern. The book said to quilt straight lines across the area you want to quilt using the edge of your foot for spacing then to fill in half-way between each line, then to do it again to get lines about 1/8" apart. 

Using my walking foot edge I ended up with lines 1/8" apart after only 2 passes. I like how this came out, but it was tedious to do and you end up with a very stiff piece of quilting. I think this would be good for bags and maybe wall hangings. I did realize (part way along of course) that pin basting parallel to the lines I would be sewing was the way to go so I could keep the pins in place to hold everything steady longer. 







1 comment:

  1. Hi again, Mary! This looks nice and is perfect in some situations. I rarely want such a stiff feel in my quilts but many seem to like it. I do enjoy the look a lot! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.