Saturday, February 2, 2019

Mary's January Wrap-up

Fabulous ocean fabric
My January 2019 Forward Progress project was the Summer Jelly Roll. My goal was to decide what to make with this fabulous fabric. I didn't entirely accomplish that goal, but I spent quite a bit of time thinking about it. I found various quilts on instagram that seemed like possibilities for a design: this one from the_quilt_police and this one from societyofseams both have elements that I thought might work in my quilt. I also liked the simplicity of this one from theflemings9. I was hunting for a pale ocean-y fabric that I could use as the background in my design, whatever it ends up being, when I came upon a gorgeous ombre fabric with an ocean print which I bought immediately. There was 1.5 yards of it available so that is what I have and will have to design around that. I want to use the background so that the color gradation is maintained in the quilt and use scrappy blocks from the jelly-roll, probably on-point. That is as far as I got, but I would call that progress. I am currently leaning toward the idea of 9-patches with pink centers set on point against the ocean background, but am still playing around with ideas and haven't begun working out the math yet. 

1 comment:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.