Sunday, January 13, 2019

Sunday Stitching Post #1

One of my plans for 2019 is to participate in 15-minutes-to-stitch at Life in Pieces. The idea is to stitch for 15 minutes each day and track your success rate. I have defined "stitching" as anything that involves a sewing or needlework project, selecting fabric, prepping scraps, actual sewing, or working out a design all count.  My goal is to get this habit to at least a 50% success rate this year. I plan to do a check-in post every few Sundays. 
So far I have managed to stitch at least 15 minutes on 9 out of 12 days in January (75%).
I have worked on the T-shirt quilt, my January OMG which is the Carolina Streak of Lightning Quilt, and basting tops for several charity quilts. I am going on retreat with my Quilt Guild at the end of the month and would love to have the charity quilts done by then so I can deliver them to the project coordinator at retreat. 
I have also been visiting quilting/sewing blogs this month including all the posts for the Strip Quilt Secrets Blog Hop. I got an email yesterday telling me that I won a copy of the book from Val's Quilting Studio which was wonderful news as I really wanted a copy of this book.

5 comments:

  1. So happy to see someone else joining us. I love the accountability. Great stats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am much less frazzled if I spend time sewing every day and this is a good motivator for me. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. That's my definition of stitching too! Good luck with your projects this week. A retreat sounds like fun and a good motivator as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the 15 minutes to stitch club. Sounds like you've got a plan and reasonable expectations. I'm much happier if I get in my 15 minutes of fabric time every day. My daughter has been known to send to my sewing room when I'm have a bad day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love just the idea of "15 minutes a day". It has really helped me to sit and stitch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.