Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Lisa's January Start

I'm a bit late posting my Making Forward Progress start for January. The project for this month is #2. On my list this is my mystery quilt.

I participated in a mystery quilt project a few years ago in my quilt guild. I chose to do the small version of the pattern which is a wall hanging size. I'll have to check with the original instructions, but I think I may have a completed quilt top (though I may want one more border).

Even though January is more than half over, I still have time to make progress on this project. At the moment, I'm not 100% in love with this project (I do like the pattern that has revealed itself in the mystery, but not so sure on my execution of it). The original idea when picking out the fabrics for this project was a wall hanging or table cloth for my kitchen.

So my next step, and my goal for progress for the month, will be to decide whether this will be a project I want to complete or not. I don't think I want to use it as a table cloth, but I am going to dry-run it for a few days in its current state on my table to see what I think. I'll also bring it to quilt retreat at the end of the month for consultation with friends.

1 comment:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.