Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Retreat Report

Binding detail of baby quilt
I had an excellent time at retreat this year and was super productive (for me anyway). Here is what I got done:
  • Finished quilting my rainbow string quilt.
  • I made one flag quilt top. Decided this is a terrible project for retreat as I need to press every row as it goes on and the walk from the sewing machine to the iron every 2 minutes is annoying. When I make these in my sewing room I can just swivel my chair to press rows as I go along. 
  • I am almost finished with my September Forward Progress project (it will get a post of its own later).
  • Basted my NY Beauty Bird Quilt.
  • I quilted and bound a baby quilt from a super-cute panel my friend Jan donated to the Guild's charity quilt project. I sewed the binding to the back of the quilt and then attached it to the front with a decorative stitch which is a technique I hadn't tried before. I was very pleased with how it came out. It was quick to do and should hold up very well to washing. I got kits for 2 more of these baby quilt cheater panels to complete this fall and will use this binding technique again on those.
  • I helped Lisa with her Cross Winds Quilt. 

1 comment:

  1. Great progress, and thank you for all the help on mine! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.