Being an in progress project for over 20 years, I've been neglecting it mostly due to the fact that I had no home for the finished products - they were originally for me, but I don't really have a spot for them anymore. Mary thought that she had a spot and could make use of the CD cabinet, so that was a motivator to dust that piece off.
I needed to finish painting rose hip vines & fall birdhouse on the cabinet doors, find the main cabinet (which had been in an un-reachable corner of the basement), varnish, and assemble. I managed to uncover the cabinet, cleaning out the corner of the basement in the process as an added bonus. It needed dusting off and touch-up painting on the roof, which was easily completed.
The vines that were already traced onto the doors were going to take a considerable amount of time to complete. Then I had an 'a-ha' moment when Mary told me to just put it together. I wondered if I could erase the vines, as I didn't think they add a lot to the design anyway - I learned that an Artgum eraser is a magical tool! In 30 minutes there was no trace of the vines that would have taken many hours to paint. I put the finishing touches on the fall birdhouse, and got everything varnished. Rob helped assemble, adding the knobs and hinges, and we delivered it to Mary.