Sunday, January 3, 2016

UFO Challenge: January 2016

The number for January's UFO in the APQ UFO challenge is 2 which means I am working on the Autumn Wall Hanging applique kit this month.

I bought this kit many years ago at a Quilt Show and it has been untouched in a drawer pretty much ever since. It includes applique patterns for the various vegetables and fabrics to use for them. There is a photo of a finished quilt in the zip-bag, but I don't know if it came with the kit or if I took the photo at the show and added it.

UFO #2  as of January 1, 2016
I will need to choose background fabric (maybe a pieced background like Piece O' Cake designs uses?) and borders. I also need to decide if I want to follow the picture or arrange the items differently (knowing me and patterns differently seems likely). These veggies may end up in separate blocks rather than one big group, I haven't decided yet. Before I can get started I will need to pick up some double sided fusible as I seem to be out and I want to do this as machine applique.

2 comments:

  1. I'm betting the veggies will be arranged differently :) I believe I have a good portion of a roll of double sided fusible in my closet that you are welcome to have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the offer of fusible! I stopped at Patches yesterday (it was very busy) and got a yard so I should be set, but if I need more I will let you know.

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.