Saturday, April 6, 2024

Scrappy Saturday

ALL my yellow scraps
I knew it would happen eventually, and now it has. The RSC24 color for this month is yellow. Decidedly NOT my favorite color.

This week I went through my orange/yellow bin and pulled out all the yellows. Most of them were in a jumbled-up bag of very little pieces (what my ex-husband called scrippy-scraps). Now all the yellows I have are cut into usable pieces (or thrown into the dog-bed-bag). I have a few pieces of yellow yardage (most pieces are 1/2-yard-ish), but mostly just squares and strips now.

I will make the heart block and alternate in yellow, and the 6 log-cabin blocks. Not sure if I will do anything else with yellow this month, but I do have a lot of it, so I should probably figure out a design for a charity quilt that will use up a lot of 2" squares. Design suggestions welcome!

I am linking up with Scrappy Saturday at So Scrappy and Oh Scrap! 

4 comments:

  1. That's a pretty pile of yellows you found there! They'll make a great heart block!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a pretty pile of yellows you found there! They'll make a great heart block!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're not required to sew with your least favorite color, but YELLOW really adds a bit of sunshine to a rainbow quilt. Just think! If you make your block and create a quilt, you may actually use up ALL the scraps. :o))

    ReplyDelete
  4. The heart block design is a good choice for your squares. It's funny about our individual dislikes of certain colours, mine is orange.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.