Saturday, February 17, 2024

Scrappy Saturday

My 1st Pickle Dish Block!
 I got my basket of red scraps sorted and organized and cut out all the pieces I will need to make 4 red pickle dish blocks. I also cut out all the white pieces I will need to make a dozen of these blocks. I pieced the first block which went ok. The curves are done with paper piecing which I like to do. There was some unsewing and resewing involved in getting the center curve right, but I got it worked out. 

Before the month ends I will sew up the remaining 3 red pickle dishes. After that I will put the project away until the RSC color is one that I think will go well with the red at which point I plan to make four more of these blocks.

I am linking up with Scrappy Saturday at So Scrappy and Oh Scrap! 

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous RSC block!! I'll be interested to see your quilt come together. Happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m impressed that you’re doing pickle dish blocks for RSC blocks this year. They sure are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must confess it feels brave. I am only doing 12 total for the year though, so it should be ok and if not, I will be able to say i've done it and I never have to make a pickle dish block again.

      Delete
  3. Your pickle dish blocks are quite dramatic in that colorway. I've never tried this design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful block! I'm sure the entire process for one is quite time-consuming but oh! so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful pickle dish blocks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.