Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Finish #2 of 7


I set it as a 
goal to try and finish 7 in-progress quilts by the end of the year. This is the second one completed. I didn't do the lovely English-paper-piecing (EPP), someone in my Quilt Guild did, I was just charged with quilting it. It will be donated through the Guild's "A Quilted Gift" project. 

Finished Quilt (on a cloudy day)

I used an overall stipple pattern in neutral thread (I didn't want the quilting to overwhelm the piecing) and the same quilting in green thread to blend into the borders. I had never quilted EPP before and there was a bit of a learning curve to keeping it all flat and unpuckered as I went along. 

Detail of the stippling


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.