Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Book Report: Scrap Quilts

Scrap Quilts: The Art of Making DoScrap Quilts: The Art of Making Do
by Roberta Horton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I found this book very inspiring. It isn't a pattern book at all, it is about how to create your own scrap quilts. Horton explains the factors to consider when choosing what fabric will go in a particular composition. She also analyzes several scrap quilts in detail which really helped me see what choices had been made in each and the design impacts of those choices. There is also a section where Horton walks the reader through her process for designing "Corroboree," a quilt that features an large-print Aboriginal fabric in a Goose Chase setting. I found that process extremely illuminating as well. I borrowed this book from the library, but it is definitely one I want to add to my own collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Comments will not appear immediately as they are moderated to prevent spam.